Olusco Technical Services Limited is recruiting currently for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position above.
Purpose of the Position
- Responsibility for the costing of a building project from initial estimate to final acquisition of materials
- Close monitoring of project finances and contractual relationships between the various parties involved in any particular building project
- Managing the budget and contractual relationships of a building project
- Advising on the potential of a site and working out what a client can afford to build
- Presenting detailed information on the cost of particular elements of work on a periodic basis to enable payment for those works carried out to date.
- Organising the division of a project into its component work packages, then awarding these work packages to smaller, more specialised construction companies offering the best deal.
- Managing costs to make sure that the initial budget isn’t exceeded.
- Arranging payments at the end of a job and settling the final accounts.
- Acting as financial advisors and monitoring progress for the client.
- HND in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 2 years Job experience as a quantity surveyor
- A methodical way of thinking
- Good knowledge of construction
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines