- Evaluating the nutritional value, colour, flavour and texture of products of the factory
- Testing food samples for particular types of moulds, yeast and bacteria that may be harmful
- Ensure that the manufacturing processes conform with government, processing, consumer and industry standards.
- Ability to help with new product development.
- Inspect incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Oversee in-process production by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the production supervisor
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Assist in Improving operational quality and health and safety standards in the factory.
- Review give advice and implement effective change controls in the factory ensuring compliance
- with the necessary regulations and operational standards.
- Ensure compliance with company and customer quality policies.
- Work with operating staff to establish standards, systems and procedures.
- HND/Bachelor's Degree in Sciences, preferably in Food Technology, Biochemistry, Microbiology etc.
Experience and Competencies
- Have working knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures
- Minimum 4 years experience in relevant capacity
- Must be an independent, resourceful, and good team player
- Good initiative, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use MSOffice