- Read blueprints and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplies
- Use automated systems to perform complex testing procedures to ensure that they meet production standards
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials with respect to quality standards and record supplier performance.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics such as number of defective products per day etc.
- Provide training and support to QA team.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Monitor the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and well-maintained and discard any that doesn’t meet requirements
- Prepare and submit reports to the quality manager, management
- Proven experience as a quality inspector or relevant role
- A keen eye for detail and excellent data collection
- Responsible, sincere, trustworthy and confident
- Familiarity with quality testing machines and systems
- Thorough knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies
- Certification of quality control is an advantage
- Proficient knowledge in usage of MS Office
- High School Degree, Further qualifications will be a plus