- Deliver quality laboratory services to the factory (Production and Processing) and Research & Development departments (as normal production).
- Ensure that the right analysis (method and sampling plans) are performed to the product, raw materials and packaging materials to guarantee product and process safety and conformity
- Ensures Food Safety & Conformity of all products delivered to the market,
- Defines the sampling plans of all Rack, Packs, Intermediate and Finished products
- Provides methodology, procedures & results to validate the plant processes
- Ensure that all analyses results are properly captured, documented and reported, in the appropriate formats and within required timings.
- Provides other Quality and Food Safety team members and Production teams with relevant QC data and trends to drive quality
- Optimise the Laboratory in its four dimensions: efficiency (speed), analytical performance, expertise/skills (training) and cost
- Ensure proper calibration and maintenance of Laboratory equipment to support the credibility of results
- Participate in both internal audit program as well as in external audits
- Provides technical support and expertise in quality related problem solving and to risk analysis groups
- Support to assure verification on finished products analysis
- Ensure & execute timely regular production floor support
- Plan & execute required regular personnel & plant hygiene audit
- Ensure & assure frequent laboratory efficiency
- Support continuous improvement of quality metric/KPI's
The Qualified Applicant should possess the following:
- HND/B.Sc in Food Tech, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry with other related fields preferred with at least 7years’ cognizant experience in a food industry
- Possession of M.Sc in related field and knowledge in FSMS will be an added advantage
- Good moral and communication Skill to follow through both the up and downstream in the organization.
- Possesses active will to achieve set goals and promoting strong team spirit with the team members across the organization.
- Ability to work with time to achieve set goals
- Attention to Detail, thoroughness and ability to deal with Complexity & process improvement.