The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
- The purchaser, under the direct supervision of the Supply Supervisor and overall supervision of the Supply Manager, is responsible for procurement activities in Maiduguri.
- He/Her have to plan, organize procurement activities in compliance with ALIMA procedures and ensure timely delivery, reception, and dispatching of goods as required.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations;
- Process purchase orders ensure all related information is available in the local database or filing system;
- Negotiate and purchase: spot purchase, obtain quotations, tender;
- Negotiate purchase conditions and purchase all specific goods and services as specified in the requests;
- Assist supply supervisor to clarify problematic requisition orders;
- Monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach the desired operations;
- Visit and prospect suppliers, select and evaluate their legality;
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements;
- Maintain good filing system for Internal Request files, suppliers’ files, products’ files;
- Perform any other task incidental to the above as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable;
- Progressive experience in a function related to the purchasing or contracting of goods and services such as procurement, transport, and logistics;
- Very good command of English (oral and written) and Hausa or Kanori;
- Good computer skill MS word, MS Excel.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work;
- Autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities;
- Extremely rigorous and precise, attention to details;
- Diplomatic, able to work in a team, under pressure in sometimes a dangerous environment;
- Good management, organizational and communication skills;
- Professionalism, integrity, interpersonal skills, goal focus.