Publicity and Marketing Officer
About the Company
A leading publishing house with offices located in Abuja, Lagos and London. We are seeking for qualified, competent and reliable candidates to fill in the vacant position below.
The position holder will be responsible for planning and executing media campaigns. You must be passionate about seeing African writing flourishing globally. You must have the ability to develop and implement intensive PR campaigns for books & authors.
The position holder will be responsible for routine updates on all social media platforms. You must be highly motivated with experience and fanatical passion for tweeting, blogging, micro-blogging and community participation leadership.
- Write press releases, pitch letters, blurbs, author bios, and other promotional materials (blog posts, microsite content, social media updates) with a goal of securing international, national, regional, and local media in print, broadcast, and social media
- Work with the publisher to strategically increase awareness of the company in the industry and in the public mind nationally, regionally and internationally
- Strengthen and develop relationships with educational institutions, corporations, media and retail contacts in addition to maintaining relationships with authors
- Maintain and strengthen our contact database for each imprint and research unique projects and contribute to social media outreach efforts.
- Act as point person for all publicity and marketing information and initiatives. Eventually, move projects forward as needed with minimal supervision from Publisher
- Ensure that all web representations of our books (our site, midpoint's site, online distributors) are accurate and good selling tools for our titles
- Keep abreast of trends in African writing, digital publishing, and social media marketing·
- Prepare relevant content to reach different social media platforms.
- Manage and execute all social media strategies across all social media platforms (Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter) including digital advertising strategies
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for promotion of the literacy campaign.
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent research and fact-finding skills
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills (please share samples)
- Demonstrated success securing press coverage in traditional and digital media
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Interest in books by African writers especially in the categories of literary fiction, romance, crime thriller and children’s books
- Understands social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, blogs, instagram etc.
A degree in Communications, English, Literature or any related field.
Please note; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.