The Publicist’s responsibilities include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients’ PR accounts
- Providing strategic counsel to clients to aid their PR and wider marketing campaigns
- Providing commentators and product or company information to the media (newspapers, magazines, radio, television and online news sites)
- Building relationships with existing and new clients
- Building relationships with key media contacts
- Liaising with clients regarding press campaigns, creative projects, and PR solutions
- Dealing with the media, speaking to journalists and other members of the press
- Providing innovative and creative ideas to clients
- Briefing clients and updating them on press campaigns
- Analyzing PR coverage and providing written reports
- Communicating effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns.
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Proven ability to develop communication strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to management.
Negotiable. Dependent on experience (no less than 2 years) and industry standards