Malteser International delivers humanitarian assistance to the affected population (IDPs, host communities and refugees) in Nigeria in response to the current famine crisis and displacement in the region since July 2017. In cooperation with a local partner, we are implementing a comprehensive project for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and are setting up a Mental Health / Psychosocial Support Treatment Component for traumatized people.
- Assist the Psychotherapist in managing and coordinating all tasks related to the implementation of the Psycho-Social-Support component, while complying the rules and regulations of Malteser International and its donors
- Support the Psychotherapist in the diagnose of traumas among violence affected people and in drafting a treatment concept for each individual, always respecting patient confidentiality
- Contribute to the planning and conduction of individual and group sessions for the treatment of traumatized person and groups
- Assist in the establishment of a good network of Mental Health and Psycho-Social-Support specialist and setting up an adequate referral system for hardship cases
- Properly document all implementation related processes well and establish a good filing system.
- File all support documents properly, e.g. regarding correspondence, contacts and general administration. Keep project Master File in close coordination with the Psychotherapist (PSS Team Leader) folder, including beneficiary files and participant lists up-to-date
- Coordinate well and proactively, the daily cooperation and work with the Management, as well as Administration and Program staff
- Report to the supervisor (Psychotherapist) all difficulties and relevant information, as well as all relevant issues concerning safety, security and success of the program in a timely manner
- Assist the Psychotherapist (line manager) in fulfilling other project implementation relevant tasks as required
- Bachelor degree in Psychology or related fields, or equivalent experiences in treating traumatized people in emergency settlings
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in assisting treating traumatized people in emergency settlings
- Working experience in the Northeast of Nigeria for NGOs would be an asset
- Ability to work in and coordinate with a team
- Excellent written and spoken English; speaking Kanuri and Hausa
- Starting date: 01.12.2018
- Intended duty stations: Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Duration of contract: 12months
- Salary according to qualification and experience
- Kindly note that this a national position with a local contract
- This position is only for candidates from the area of Wau, qualified female candidates are welcome to apply.
- If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.
- Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online until the closing date stated above