- The Candidate is responsible for managing projects covering various telecommunications core, access technologies and products for Vodacom and Vodacom’s customers efficiently within an agreed scope, time and budget constraint, whilst also managing the clients’ expectations.
- This position is accountable to deliver and implement customer links and networks within the design parameters and on time and within budget.
- Defines clearly project objective.
- Creates and defends project budgets.
- Prepares and manages project plans and implementation schedules using MS Project and other suitable software.
- Manage operations teams and external contractors during project execution.
- Hold regular meetings with all stakeholders on project status.
- Produces Project reports for customer and internal consumption.
- Controls the project implementation process
- Assists in invoicing according to milestone.
- Assist with the preparation of bid documents.
- Assist with equipment ordering and payment of vendor/ contractor invoices.
- Escalate project issues timely
- Assist with contract negations with external suppliers.
- Perform regular quality inspections.
- The role requires a minimum of 5 years post NYSC Experience in Satellite and wireless network management and Project Management in the Telecom environment.
- In-depth Knowledge and Experience in project management frame work is essential.
- The Preferred candidate must have Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Electrical Electronics. A PMI or Prince II Certificate Management will be an added
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project team.
- Effectively applies project methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes company exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Understands basic revenue models.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of Telecommunication, Satellite networks and IP technology
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Project management with focus on Telecommunications and Satcom.
- Problem solving
- Budgeting & Scheduling
- Prioritising workload of self and others
- Risk Management
- Written and verbal communications
- Contract negotiation skills.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.