- To manage medium to large mechanical projects from contract award to final handover, including design modifications and variations.
- To effectively coordinate operations with the main contract and other sub-contractors.
- To cooperate and liaise with client representative, Architects and
- Mechanical consultant.
- To provide technical support, quality control, and managerial expertise to site engineers, supervisors and project site workers.
- To handle single or multiple contracts of significant financial value to the company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Programming of contract from initiation to completion.
- Oversee detailed working drawings and material take-off.
- Offer strong technical and general managerial support to project site engineers, supervisors and workers (Sometimes more than 100
- individuals of various disciplines)
- Monitor and control quality of installation to meet international standards while ensuring all company policies and procedures are
- adhered too at all times.
- Prepare and submit to senior management, weekly site reports detailing progress, targets, action taken and outstanding issues.
- Monitor site-related expenses and report to management on project finances.
- Responsible for all technical, contractual and finance documentation.
- Train and effectively transfer expert skills to subordinates.
- All other relevant duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by superior manager.
Knowledge & Qualifications
Trade qualified Mechanical Technician with further study to degree level, plus certification on project management would be
A minimum of 7 years practical experience in mechanical contracting of which 3 years must be a project management level
Knowledge of Data Centre applications is advantageous.
Fluent in written & verbal English is essential
Computer literate with good working knowledge of the following packages:
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Office
- Training/ Special
- Be self-motivated with the desire to deliver quality work in a
- professional manner
- Effective people manager of diverse cultural group
- Possess the desire to achieve and advance within his/her career
- The ability to provide clear, precise and profession verbal and
- written correspondence relating to the contract
- Record and store technical and contractual documentation in a
- professional manner.