- The Project Manager livelihood will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring all project activities of livelihood project of WFP in Borno state.
- The Project Manager Livelihood will also be responsible for establishing and strengthening key relationships with stakeholders and delivering the desired outcomes of the project and ensuring CARE’s program quality standards are practiced throughout the project management cycle.
- The Project Manager livelihood will be responsible for providing reports to donors WFP as required. She/he will be responsible for managing the project’s budget effectively and efficiently according to CARE systems and procedures.
Job Responsibility 1: Management of the projects according to contractual requirements, operating priorities:
- Develop annual activity plans in collaboration with project team members, partner organizations including the key government ministries
- Ensure project staff have an understanding of CARE’s operating priorities, project standards and principles
- Make sure that specific project components are implemented according to contractual requirements, both in relation to project implementation and financial management
- Develop a good working relationship with the management teams of partner organizations
- Conduct periodic assessments to ensure project implementation is happening according to the agreed upon work plans and budgets
- Ensure the relevant officials/ stakeholders are informed of project interventions
- Liaise closely with other agencies working in the same geographic regions and/or sectors to ensure coordination and avoid overlap.
Job Responsibility No2: Program quality of the project is ensured during each phase of the project implementation process:
- Conduct regular progress review meetings with field teams and partner organizations to ensure quality is maintained and address any problems
- Make sure field teams collect relevant information on outputs, outcomes and impact, in both qualitative and quantitative form, based on reporting formats
- Develop a mechanism through which the lessons learnt are used to improve quality of current and future projects
- Provide regular feedback to staff either formally or informally so that they are motivated to perform efficiently and maintain high quality of their work
Responsibility No: 3 Maintain financial overview of expenditure against budgets for specific projects (both partner expenditure and for direct implementation):
- Ensure budget is developed, spent and monitored according to CARE’s financial systems (i.e. Pamodzi)
- Work closely with the Finance Team to monitor expenditure in relation to budgets
Responsibility No: 4 Preparation of donor reports in a timely and efficient manner in close collaboration with the M and E team and Field director:
- Prepare periodic donor reports/ CPDR of the project
- Incorporate both quantitative and qualitative information gathered by field staff to communicate outputs, impact and lessons learnt
Responsibility No: 5 Staff Supervision:
- Develop Performance Plans for all team members according to CARE standards
- Coach and mentor on a regular basis
- Conduct midterm and annual reviews
- Provide relevant development opportunities
- Basic University degree in Agriculture, Business Management
- Minimum 4- 5 years work experience in the development or humanitarian sector particularly food security and livelihood projects
- Experience in project management
- Experience in people management
- Strong analytical, report-writing, and presentation skills, including the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) essential and fluency in at least one of the local languages, preferably Hausa
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, relationship-building and communication skills.
- Advanced computers skills at least intermediate skills in windows based word processing, spreadsheet
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and organize own work plan.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, maturity, tact, advocacy skills.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and public speaking skills
- Understanding of political dynamics, foreign policy decision making procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.