Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
- Primarily focused on new business start-up projects within SSA.
- Project lead single and multiple Product Line start-ups in countries for OFS
- Co-ordinate OFS projects with any BHGE country strategies
- Apply WBS methodologies to define the components of the project scope to be managed.
- Monitor and, where applicable, eliminate scope creep.
- Identify the key project drivers (cost, performance, schedule constraints).
- Candidate should have the capability to effectively plan a project’s schedule.
- Use activity definitions, sequencing, duration estimation and milestones to create a project schedule.
- Control and monitor project schedule.
- Use Cost estimates, probabilistic cost risk assessment, and contingency plans to create a project budget and cash flow estimate.
- Utilize Cost Risk Analysis at appropriate intervals in overall project plan.
- Prepare budget and expenditure reports.
- Use forecasting of cost for time and materials to influence project decision making.
- Develop budgeting, cost monitoring and reporting plans.
- Create risk management plans and perform qualitative risk analysis.
- Maintain the risk register and risk mitigation strategies for all project risks.
- Collaborate with resource managers to acquire resource allocation and staffing requirements for all projects.
- Consistently meet stakeholder expectations.
- Develop a formal communications plan and identify ways communications were successful.
- Use team building activities, general management skills, reward and recognition systems, collocation, and training for the development of project team.
- Liaison with 3rd party vendors and internal service providers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 12+ years of work experience (including time working in project environment, with at least 5 years of experience of managing projects).
- The ability to manage complex projects and programs.
- Experience working across multiple product lines.
- Able to travel extensively
- Ability to analyze financial information.
- Certification in project management (e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP); New Product Development Professional (NPDP); Agile Scrum Master) preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working within a Program Management Office preferred.
- Preferred knowledge and experience of the technical area being managed and an awareness of the business issues.
- Global experience in managing projects preferred.
- Individual must have strong interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and organizational skills and the ability to influence others.
- Analyzes requirements with the project sponsor/customer or senior colleagues, designs the implementation proposal, and evaluates the feasibility.
- Responsible for technical and organizational management and financial aspects of the activities.
- Oversees the work of project managers and their project teams.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.