EM-ONE Energy Solutions Limited is a subsidiary of EM-ONE Energy Solutions Canada Inc., an engineering firm that holds innovation, sustainability and social impact at its core. EM-ONE’s approach uses technologies of the highest quality to provide economically and environmentally sustainable power solutions to African markets. The company’s Toronto headquarters and the regional office in Abuja, Nigeria is constituted of a core team of energy experts, alongside industry best practices with strong local knowledge and ground presence, who are committed to developing the most effective and efficient power solutions for the African subcontinent.
- EM-ONE is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, hyper-organized and analytical Project Management Specialist who has experience in implementing best practices while setting up a Project Management Office (PMO) rooted in the solar industry.
- Working in conjunction with project staff, the Project Management Specialist will lead the implementation of EM-ONE’s solar programmes and projects.
- Typical duties include planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs and projects, coordinating project activities, collaborating with project team members, developing measurable project goals and objectives, and monitoring progress towards achievement.
- The company is looking for a highly skilled and dedicated individual who will fit in with EM-ONE’s collaborative culture.
- This job requires flexibility, particularly around tight deadlines.
- This position will be a full-time contracted position based in EM-ONE’s regional office (Abuja, Nigeria) with potential for travel. The Project Management Specialist will report to the PMO Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate with different organizations and branches of EM-ONE’s engineering team and the security manager to develop tools, processes and best practices
- Collaborate with project partners to provide creative solutions to optimize internal and external processes, policies, protocols, and tools that will enable the best cost, quality, and delivery of projects.
- Deliver sustainable energy projects from inception or midway to completion, including scheduling, costing, tracking, designing, and project monitoring and control
- Create and consult on daily, weekly, and monthly stakeholder and internal reports for the project(s) and inform on critical progress or changes as needed
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, ensuring that any change to the project scope is documented and approved
- Financial forecasting, monitoring & controlling project costs and cost reporting
- Evolve with the growing needs of the office to ensure the PMO is efficient and effective in its operation
- Research and deploy effective best practices and tools to make recommendations to facilitate the success of future projects
- Assist with other projects and duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge, as well as proficiency with standard techniques and process management
- Exceptional written communications skills–clear, concise and cogent writing, as well as the ability to develop reports and decks, are particularly valued
- Highly organized, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and evolving priorities
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, organize and manage time, including the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Experience in drafting contract documents, including submittals/transmittals, reports, and more.
- Positive and constructive approach to challenging ideas, gauging concerns, identifying gaps and making credible recommendations
- Proven ability to develop and manage relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds with a positive attitude, sound judgement, tact, discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally should relevant opportunities arise
- Project Management qualification (PMP) or equivalent
- College degree or equivalent preferred in related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience with the planning, management and delivery of successful programmes and projects
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
- International work experience is considered an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office & Outlook 365
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Experience working with MS Project
- Experience working with Primavera is an asset
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume's and Cover Letter's in PDF format
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.