Purpose of Evaluation:
- The purpose of the evaluation is to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the project design, implementation process, achievements of its results and objectives as well as lessons learned and recommendations that will benefit the design of future similar interventions in Nigeria.
- It looks at evaluating a shift in practices and incomes of beneficiaries as a result of BWC, against that ascertained from the baseline.
- TechnoServe will share the output of the evaluation with partners and relevant stakeholders such as the donor, government agencies and other INGOs.
- The evaluator will work under the direct supervision of the Regional MEL Advisor.
Duration: 28 days within November – December 2019, commencing immediately.
Location: Kano and Jigawa states.
Nature/Field: Consultancy in INGO
- The Consultant to be shortlisted for the survey should meet the following selection criteria:
- At least a Master’s degree in agriculture or related area (Agricultural Economics,
- Agribusiness, Agronomy, Agricultural Extension, Farm management)
- Over 5 years of significant Agriculture and gender-related research/work
- Applied qualitative and quantitative research experience (hands-on experience with quasi-experimental methods, an asset)
- Experience performing end-line surveys and program evaluations or research for development organizations.
- Interested candidates must provide information indicating that they have the requisite experience of conducting a similar activity.
- Qualified individuals are invited to submit Expression of Interest (EoI) comprising a CV, cover letter including their personal daily rate
- The deadline for submission of EoI is 22nd October 2019, 05.00 pm WAT.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive a ToR for this activity to enable them to develop and submit a Technical/financial proposal.