Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood.
- This is a project with a duration of 30 months and is supported by BMZ with Funding from the German Government.
- The post holder will coordinate and manage the implementation process by working with Plan’s programme, admin and finance team members, and project participants in accordance with Plan’s emergency response programme strategy in North East Nigeria.
- The project coordinator will be supervised directly by the Livelihood specialist with additional technical support from thematic specialist.
Dimension of Role
- Communicates with the sectoral specialists, across Plan International, ERM and DERM, cooperating partner agencies/INGOs and field level stakeholders and participants.
- The post holder will take initiative for project management, coordination and implementation; project monitoring and learning with strong coordination with relevant humanitarian programme clusters and working groups.
- This role demand dynamic person who is proactive to invent innovation and high quality work for building capacity, formulate advocacy in delivering a multi-sectoral project working in Borno and Adamawa states.
- The post holder will interface and support project team members and to deliver on project activity rapidly and systematically. The role requires strong leadership, facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, participants and other stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the field team, the ERM, DERM and thematic specialists the project coordinator will:
- Support the development and implementation of project implementation and work plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, service delivery and all monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support the development and deployment of activity flow chart for project delivery that will ensure regular reporting.
- Support to ensure that specific components of the project are successfully implemented.
- Provide narrative and budget report for project delivery by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Provide leadership at project coordination and management level to ensure project goal and corresponding objectives and targets are achieved.
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the field based team, sector specialists and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Support project team to coordinate and manage project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Utilize the assessment and survey reports to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances, and represent Plan in sectoral activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Support the dissemination of project information among the project team, internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate capacity-building activities with project staff and cooperating partner agencies/INGOs and field based stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor/ Master Degree or equivalent in the field of Agriculture, Project Management, Sociology and Education.
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC working experience with a development or humanitarian NGOs or a multi-lateral Government project.
- Experience in general program management of a field-based development or humanitarian project.
- Knowledge in designing and rolling out of multisectoral assistance programs including assessments.
- Experience representing and presenting a new project to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, and the public.
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills (MS word and Excel).
- Proficiency and working knowledge of written and spoken English including at least 1 local language in area of operations.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize work responsibilities effectively – Essential.
- Committed to being a team player and able to demonstrate constructive, cooperative and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to community based participatory criteria.
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, learning and report writing.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Understanding of broader issues related to community participation, household nutrition, conflict analysis, safety, gender mainstreaming, and environment.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Excel/Word document).
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.