WCS Nigeria Program is seeking an ethical and responsible candidate for the position of a Project Accountant and Admin Officer. The person’s primary responsibility is to handle project's financial management and office administration. This position will report to the Country Finance & Administrative Manager. The position will be based at the WCS Nigeria office in Calabar, Cross River State.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Internal Control and Documentation
- Maintain complete accounting records including completing vouchers, obtaining proper authorizations and preparing reconciliations
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of petty cash and petty cash replenishment request.
- Process financial transactions related to office and project expenditures and lead in maintaining an effective filing system for financial transactions.
- Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring proper tracking of project advances to staff.
- Maintain equipment inventory in accordance with established procedures.
- Budget and Annual Plans
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparing budgets for funding proposals and annual institutional budgeting.
- Support preparation of monthly reports/reconciliations and year-end reconciliation of accounts.
- Administration, Human Resource and Logistics
- Assist the Finance Manager in monitoring staff leave.
- Support in management of program vehicles (registration, insurance, repairs and maintenance).
- Support in the general management of the Abuja office, including procurement of office supplies, furniture and equipment, security arrangement and supervision of maintenance and cleaning.
- Assist in logistics and travel planning.
- Perform other accounting/administrative-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
- Experience working with SAP or a similar financial accounting/management system preferred
- Attention to details and excellent organizational skills
- Must be a good team player
- Ability to analyze, prioritize and complete tasks with minimal supervision within strict deadlines