WCS Nigeria Program is seeking an ethical and responsible candidate for the position of a Project Accountant and Admin Officer. The person’s primary responsibility is to handle the project site’s financial management and office administration. This position will report to the Country Finance & Administrative Manager. The position will be based at the WCS Nigeria office situated in the National Park complex, Abuja.
Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Control and Documentation
· Maintain complete accounting records including completing vouchers, obtaining proper authorizations and preparing reconciliations
· Responsible for day to day maintenance of petty cash and petty cash replenishment request.
· Process financial transactions related to office and project expenditures and lead in maintaining an effective filing system for financial transactions.
· Monitor bank transactions and maintain audit trail for all transactions.
· Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring proper tracking of project advances to staff.
· Maintain equipment inventory in accordance with established procedures.
Budget and Annual Plans
· Assist the Finance Manager in preparing budgets for funding proposals and annual institutional budgeting.
· Support preparation of monthly reports/reconciliations and year-end reconciliation of accounts.
Administration, Human Resource and Logistics
· Assist the Finance Manager in monitoring staff leave.
· Support in management of program vehicles (registration, insurance, repairs and maintenance).
· Support in the general management of the Abuja office, including procurement of office supplies, furniture and equipment, security arrangement and supervision of maintenance and cleaning.
· Assist in logistics and travel planning.
· Perform other accounting/administrative related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor of Science in Accounting
· Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
· Experience working with SAP or a similar financial accounting/management system preferred
· Attention to details and excellent organizational skills
· Must be a good team player
· Ability to analyze, prioritize and complete tasks with minimal supervision within strict deadlines