Insiteful Solutions - Our client, a highly reputed regional higher education institution based in Abuja, Nigeria with a significant student population drawn from several other African countries, is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and self-driven professional to fill the position above.
- Ensuring timely input of data required for preparation of monthly financial statements; checking completeness and validity of payments before posting into general ledger.
- Ensuring availability of relevant information for the preparation of balance sheets in a timely manner, as will be stipulated in the terms of engagement
- Preparation of Projects periodic Financial Reports, Statement of Expenditures (SOE) and accounts replenishments.
- Managing, updating and reconciling all project accounts
- Ensure that project expenditures are in compliance with the appropriate donors policy and regulations.
- Monitor the financial and budget- implementation of project work plans and provide on regular basis an informed report to the management.
- Periodic reconciliation of applicable bank accounts and creditor/debtors accounts to ensure their correctness and give recommendations on how to resolve any differences
- Checking all payments from project accounts to ensure accuracy and that all amounts are accounted for
- Ensure that Receivables and Payables are duly recorded and followed up on for prompt settlement
- Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepare payments by verifying supporting documentation, obtaining payment authorization and preparing payment advice/cheques.
- Monitoring and reinforcing internal controls and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Chartered Accountant (Associate/Fellow/Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or its international equivalent) with a minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 3 years’ experience working with project funds from donor agencies and multi-lateral organizations
- Knowledge of at least two major accounting software packages
- Knowledge of IPSAS standards and procedures for financial reporting
- Must be willing to periodically work outside normal office hours
- A competitive total-cost-to-employer benchmarked on current market rates.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received a response by 31st October, 2018, please consider yourself as not having been shortlisted.
- Although female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, our client strongly upholds a policy of non-discrimination against any person regardless of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.