Our client is a coalition of individuals and organizations committed to instituting a culture of good governance and public accountability in Nigeria through active citizenship. They believe in the power of young people to change Nigeria's destiny.
- Work with the Program Manager in developing, deploying and executing detailed work plans on organization’s programs.
- Design evaluative measures to track and monitor program effectiveness.
- Generate innovative project ideas and strategies related to the organization’s mission and goals.
- Maintain official records, documents, and internal/external communications as appropriate.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Work in collaboration with the Research & Grants Associate to develop project proposals.
- Execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs.
- Effectively apply the organization’s methodology and enforce project standard.
- Oversee collection of performance data on programs and activities, for evaluation and strategic review and reporting purposes.
- Minimize exposure to risks on projects and ensure project/program outcomes are consistently achieved.
- Work in collaboration with the Finance Manager / Associate to develop and monitor program budgets.
- Ensure regular updates and information are passed on to project members promptly.
- Set activity targets for team members and ensure those targets are met satisfactorily.
- Identify resource needs and assign individual responsibilities.
- Provide correspondence to the Programs Manager on projects managed.
- Work with community agencies, organizations and institutions as appropriate to carry out organizational and program goals.
- Engage stakeholders in advocacy to advance the organization's mission and goals.
- Prepare and present reports to the board and funders, as well as community stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with organizational coalition members – strategy input and partnerships on programs.
- Engage volunteers with relevant and timely information via SMS, Email, and WhatsApp in collaboration with the intern.
Media Management and Engagement
- Co-manage the organization’s presence on social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and similar community sites for all projects and campaigns.
- Draft and oversee media materials, including press release, newsletter, blog posts, statements, quotes and briefing documents ensuring accuracy, appropriate sign-off, and dissemination.
- Innovate alternative channels to disseminate the organization’s message and showcase its work.
- Monitor trends regarding issues of interest to the organization and adapt the organization’s media strategy in a timely fashion to ensure relevance.
- Be involved in the weekly scheduling of traditional media engagements (with partners, radio and / TV) as assigned.
- Liaise with Media Team in the implementation of media activity across projects, programs and across media to raise awareness, drive engagement, enhance the organization’s reputation and meets objectives.
- Ensure key messages are accurately and consistently expressed in relevant media channels.
- Relevant work experience in a similar role. (with an NGO preferably)
- Project management certification will be an added advantage
- Computer proficiency in MS office especially Excel and Powerpoint (Intermediate level of proficiency)
- Excellent verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Ability to work under the direction and to exercise personal responsibility and autonomy to meet objectives.
- Ability to make decisions which influence the success of a project or enhances team objectives.
- Demonstrates an analytical & systematic approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work to meet deliverables in a timely manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure while being attentive to detail.
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public.