In particular, the responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Administrative: Contribute to the design and implementation of program policy. Provide conceptual and strategic leadership in issues of interest to the Foundation. Conceptualize, write, present and draft proposals on selected program issues; design and convene seminars, workshops, and conferences. Identify and maintain ongoing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and represent the Foundation at meetings. Contribute to the Foundation’s overall vision and mission to promote good healthcare be a proponent for education and economic empowerment as well as the overall development and strengthening of the organization. Strategically think and plan for the development of program direction and initiatives. Work with other departments to ensure synergy of policy and communication efforts. Serve as a resource on policy formation for all staff, partners, and donors. Strategically think and plan for the development of program direction and initiatives Involve in planning and execution of the projects and initiatives in collaboration with EDAF (Edet Amana Foundation) Team. Develop and maintain adequate resource files and databases for assigned program areas. Carry out various research projects for EDAF as may be required. Design and convene seminars, workshops, and conferences for training programs. Develop in-depth knowledge of assigned areas including current issues and key resource people and organization and have a clear understanding of how they fit into the Foundation interest. Ensuring the Program Management Cycle is implemented in program activities. Management of projects and programs. Representing the Foundation with external partners. Creating and maintaining monitoring and evaluating plans for projects and programs
- Fund Raising/Grants: Generate proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations. Seek for Grants and funding to ensure all programs are well funded. Design and preparation of fund-raising proposals and grants application. Webinar Meetings of active and potential funders, etc. Conduct research, policy analysis and advocacy on the related areas of the Foundation. Facilitate grants ‘kick-off’ meetings
- Training: Organize events, conferences, workshops, and seminars based on agreed outlook and scope. Ensure timely completion of training programs according to the work plan. Network with other organizations involving in both internal and external as identified. Organizing training programs for external vendors
- Communication: Writing reports according to established schedule and requirements. Developing communication material (newsletters, annual reports, etc.) for distribution to donors and other stakeholders.
- Donor Management: Developing a fundraising strategy for the organization. Conducting mapping of institutional donors and foundations (EU, UN, USAID, DFID, others), highlighting common priorities. Investigating and spearheading new avenues for individual support and/or donations. Developing a donor management tool where reports and history of donors can be easily tracked.
- Analytical - synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complete tasks designs workflows and procedures. Design - generate creative solutions. Translate concepts and information into images; demonstrate attention to detail
- Problem-solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- A bachelor's degree with a Second Class Upper Minimum.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Program Manager in a non for profit organization.
- Proven track record of revenue generation or fundraising
- The ideal candidate should be an outgoing, confident, persuasive communicator with excellent writing skills
- Program planning skills Must be able to give effective presentations,
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Research Analysis skills
- Must have a passion for TRANSFORMING LIVES
- You must be willing to relocate to Akwa-Ibom State.