Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
Specific Job Responsibilities
General Administrative Duties:
- Liaise with administration support staff to provide updates on anticipated administrative needs.
- Manage day-to-day operations of project office.
- Provide general administrative support to the operation of project activities.
- Organize proper storage and issuance of stock, maintain stock reports and monitor usage.
- Organize transport and distribution of project materials to project sites.
- Maintain files and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Work in collaboration with operations/ facility officer to ensure proper running of the project office.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Support program staff with request for advances and cash disbursements
Support Project and CRS-wide meetings and activities:
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings, including invitations, meeting space, logistics, provision of materials and refreshments.
- Support in drafting meeting notes and record all proceedings and share with meeting participants.
- Filing (electronic and hard) project documents, meeting minutes and technical documents.
- Maintain inventory of all project partner’s contact information.
- Maintain project assets inventory register in collaboration with the grant unit
- Liaise with the IT department on hardware and software issues to ensure functionality to meet ongoing and ad hoc needs
- Support the establishment and function of project resource center and project information management
Logistics and itineraries:
- Ensure logistical support to staff/visitors including liaising with operations on itineraries
- Make appointments according to schedules developed by department members
- Be the primary point of contact for visitors’ administrative needs
- Communicating material and cash needs to Finance and/or Administration in a timely manner.
- Coordinate staff movements including leave, field trips and all required logistics using the movement and leave tracker.
- Assist with correspondence, letters, and invitations. Act as liaison between programs staff and dispatcher.
- Serves as the interface between technical team and the operation finance unit.
- Perform other duties and tasks as determined by the line manager and other supervisors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a university degree.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in administrative support
- Experience working with local or international NGO a plus
- Interest in development issues
- Strong computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in the MS office package
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to work and manage various projects in a team setting, with limited supervision
- Fluency in English and Hausa
- Ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a dynamic integrated project.
- Passion to reach the most vulnerable groups
Ability and willingness to travel to FTF project locations
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: program manager – FTF Nigeria Integrated Agriculture Activity, Agriculture and livelihoods Adviser, MEAL officer, SILC Specialist.
- External: other FTF Nigeria Integrated Activity consortium staff, government workers (Borno state ADP), community leaders
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.