Our company is a leader in furniture production, and we are hiring an experienced upholsterer for our home and commercial furnishings division. Here, you can also gain knowledge of the latest technology and software used in furniture production. If you are a hard worker who is committed to quality craftsmanship, we encourage you to apply for this exciting position for a chance to join our work family.
You will need to have:
- OND, High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ previous work experience with upholstery or furniture manufacturing
- The ability to stand, walk and move for up to eight hours per day
- Must pass criminal background check and drug testing
- Work with interior designers to coordinate fabrics, furnishings, patterns and colors
- Repair frames, refinish exposed wood and mend fabrics
- Adjust, stretch or replace webbing; replace padding or springs; secure furniture elements
- Attach fasteners, buckles, trim and accessories to furnishings
- Ability to estimate cost of materials, products and services
- Demonstrable understanding of templates and patterns
- Working familiarity with tools, such as tack pullers, chisels, mallets, stretchers and any others.
- Good attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Communication skills and Creativity is a must
- Training in a vocational school or apprenticeship as an upholsterer
- Good teamwork skills
- Using power and hand tools, apply and install batting, foam, poly-filler and cut fabric to wooden framework in the assembly of hand and machine crafted furniture
- Attach finishes, including buttons, trim, tassels and other decorative accessories, to complete orders according to specifications
- Measure and cut fabric or leather pieces with the aid of patterns or stencils and industrial cutting tools to precise sizes and dimensions
- Read work orders and maintain database of production status for communication with outside clients as well as in-house sales managers
- Inspect wooden frame work for defects and make repairs as needed prior to upholstery application and other finish work
- Operate portable hand-sewing equipment, nail guns, hobnail and tack hammers, hot-knife cutters and other industrial equipment
- Determine fabric inventory and place orders with textile partner; provide status updates about fabric availability to clients and managers
- Discuss complications or assembly line slow-downs with supervisors and brainstorm solutions for increased productivity
Location: APAPA, LAGOS
SALARY/REMUNERATION: Competitive, Dependent on qualifications, experience, and skills.
About The Company
The Company commenced operation in Nigeria in 1998, by producing and selling top of the range home and office furniture. Within few years of operations, the Company has grown to become one of the Nigeria leaders in the manufacturing of home, office and business furniture. This is as a result of its reputation for outstanding quality in the Nigerian furniture industry. It is an Organization that relishes the customers’ needs and provides a high customer satisfaction level at competitive price in today’s challenging economy. The Company’s Head Office is at Victoria Island, Lagos and its factory is located at Apapa, Lagos. The Company‘s vision is to be the foremost furniture manufacturing and sales Organization in the country and beyond. It will continue to expand in the years ahead thus creating more employment opportunities. The company will also continue to see to the improvement in the training, welfare and conditions of service of its employees. In return, the Company expects high staff performance and a good working relationship between the Management and staff.