About the role:
- The Production Manager is a highly valued and integral member of the team, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and under pressure, while maintaining efficiency and quality in line with our standards. The Production Manager will report to the Business Manager on day-to-day operations and production, ensuring operational excellence to achieve business goals and production targets.
- The individual must have the ability to make good judgment calls in a variety of situations, have strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organisational skills, and good people skills while maintaining a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Typical day-to-day responsibilities involve:
- Ensuring that facilities and equipment are available and functioning
- Managing the production team, processes and resources
- Ensuring that all supplies required are procured in a timely manner and stored appropriately and efficiently
- Creating weekly production schedules based on client orders or merchandise requirements and ensuring they are met
- Leading the production department and providing strategic solutions for increased efficiency and quality
- Managing studio merchandise and client visits
- Managing client orders from start-to-finish
- Providing weekly reports on product and people
- Inspecting the quality of garments produced to ensure company standards are met
- Recruiting excellent team members into the production team
- Organising skills acquisition and training for the members of the production team
The key attributes for this role are:
- The individual should be able to inspire team members with a clear knowledge and understanding of his/her own roles and responsibilities, and a deep commitment to the company’s mission and standards.
- The role will involve managing the production team of patternmakers, procurers and tailors; proffering solutions to improving efficiency and providing daily production reports.
Creative Problem Solving
- The individual should be able to foresee challenges and avert them, and be quick to rectify issues that arise- especially as they affect production.
- The individual should be able to think critically about ways to develop his/her department and team, and meet set deadlines and targets.
The skills required for this role include:
- Comfortable self-managing
- Ability to lead and take responsibility for department
- Strong logistics and operations management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good people skills and customer service
- Capacity to multitask
- A degree from an accredited University or College
- IT skills (e.g. Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word and Excel, Email, Internet research)