Production Manager and Operations Manager
- Accomplishes production set targets and goals by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by selecting roles for suitable workers, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities and assisting in recruiting employees.
- Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage each departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Maintain NAFDAC requirements.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of everything (Equipment, ingredients, SOP, etc).
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures and all manage the record keeping of all facilities in the factory.
- Manage department priorities.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Submit reports on performance and progress.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery, all control points and resources and follow procedures.
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Sets daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicating them to employees.
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules.
- Liaising with buyers, suppliers of ingredients, logistics for product supply and marketing & sales staff.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as Production Supervisor or similar role
- Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Degree in a technical, engineering, food science or relevant field
- Excellent English and Hausa Communications Skills
- Must live in Jos – Plateau State
- Successful hospital checkup
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are up to and may be above 40 hours per week. The role may involve shift work and unsocial hours to make sure there's cover throughout the production process. Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines or to introduce new systems. Evening, public holidays and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position. Candidate must reside in Jos.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary is between N60,000 - N70,000