- To take full responsibility for the day to day supervision of a team of the production workers.
- Directing tasks to ensure that all works completed are on time and completed to the highest quality standards.
- Support and implement practices that ensure Health and Safety legislation is being met and best practice is being adhered to.
Core Working Relationships:
- Technical Team
- Production Team
- Store and Inventory Team
- Logistics/Procurement Team
- Plan and schedule furniture production with the Production Manager
- Effectively communicate tasks and requirements to the production workers.
- Monitor workload and provide solutions to ensure targets are met.
- Manage the quality outputs of all the workers, offering feedback where required and continually encouraging improvements.
- Attend meetings representing the production team, presenting updates and support collaborative working across the business.
- Supervise the different sections of the production department
- Maintain records of jobs that have been produced and prepare production progress reports.
- Schedule and supervise the workflow along the production line.
- Perform quality checks on the furniture pieces as they progress through the production line.
- Provide assistance on complex jobs
- Perform jobs requiring a high degree of skills
- Keep records of workers' time and work schedule.
- Monitor employees’ performance. Coach and mentor members of the team offering regular feedback to employees on performance and to Production Manager as required
- Make requisition of materials from the store
- Assign carpenters to jobs, oversee work being done.
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to in relation to health and safety
- Ensure that staff use proper PPE while in the factory
- Ensure that the factory is clean and all raw materials and finished goods are properly arranged.
- Perform related work as required.
Key Job Attributes:
- People management and motivation skills
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving, creativity
- The Ability to Multitask
- The ability to work with a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results
- Attention to details
- Ability to follow set procedures
- Sound knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures
- Sound technical skills
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of a Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Salary: N100k to N150k