Key Summary of the Job:
- To be accountable for the company’s production process from start to finish
- Ensure that all production schedules are executed according to the agreed time frame.
- Ensure the furniture produced meet the company’s quality standard and meet clients’ requirements.
Core Working Relationships:
- Production Team
- Technical Team
- Store Section
- Delivery Section
- Procurement /Logistics Team
- Management Team
- Manage the furniture production line, ensuring that all orders are executed to Clients’ requirements.
- Take responsibility for the coordination of all raw materials (Panels, Screws, etc).
- Ensure that production schedules are executed within the agreed time frame.
- Work with other relevant Departments to coordinate materials and manpower planning for production.
- Take responsibility for all Machinery and tools’ inventory and maintenance.
- Plan and organize the maintenance of equipment
- Ensure production problems are investigated and resolved in record time
- Ensure that faulty equipment is repaired quickly and efficiently
- Organize plant start-up and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time and profits
- Plan & monitor furniture production at every stage of the manufacturing process.
- Ensure that all furniture produced meets the company’s quality standards.
- Troubleshoot design and/or manufacturing problems as they arise.
- Accountable for optimizing the production process, developing and following-through manufacturing and productivity improvement plans.
- Accountable for the procurement of all materials for production, both local and foreign.
- Accountable for optimizing the company’s logistics process.
Key Job Attributes:
- Leadership and motivational ability
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving and Innovative skills
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results
- Attention to details
- Knowledge of a range of engineering functions and procedures
- Sound Knowledge of Furniture production process
- An awareness of Health and Safety and Environment issues.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- The Ability to Multitask
Education & Experience:
- A Degree in Engineering or Wood Technology from a good Tertiary Institution
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant work experience