Transsnet Financial is launching game-changing fintech apps in the Nigerian market to help people transact, save and borrow money. Transsnet is a joint venture between Transsion, the manufacturers of smartphone brands used by over 30% of Africans, including Tecno, Infinix and Itel, and NetEase, one of China’s biggest internet companies.
About the Team
- At Transsnet, Product Managers help to build new customer experiences. We iterate rapidly and measure everything.
- The team is small, which means that everyone’s view is heard. You’ll have the chance to make an impact within the business and grow as we grow. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between software engineering, marketing, operations and customer-facing teams.
- In this role you'll be expected work with a cross functional team to take our payment product to market.
- You will be the local product expert. You’ll be working closely with teams in Nigeria, the UK and China to resolve local problems and build our roadmap.
- About the Role
- This role is responsible for taking our payments solution to market.
- With support from technical and commercial teams you will:
- Be the local product expert and understand our services in detail
- Provide technical support for license applications
- Define and measure business processes to ensure that we are serving customer efficiently
- Collect and raise requirements to the core product team based on an understanding of the local market and customers
- Coordinate technical integration with central bank, banks, payment institutes and other partners
- Conduct user surveys and collect user feedback on price, service offering and user experience
- Conduct competitor analysis and collect information about competitors in local market
- Arrange and conduct local UAT before the new release of product
- Help to resolve operational issues
- Help to capture technical details so bugs and issues can be fixed by our engineering teams
- You have at least three years of product development experience
- You are technical enough to work closely with software engineers in an Agile environment
- You have experience of taking software products to market
- You have some experience of payments or financial services
You may be a good fit if you:
- Are a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the business
- Are able to problem solve, breaking down complex issues into smaller pieces and work with your stakeholders to solve these issues
- Are able to communicate efficiently and set direction within the business working with senior stakeholders
- Are willing to act in multiple roles to unblock your team, this might include business analysis, suggesting customer UX or support with feature testing
- Are a self-starter able to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Are technical enough to investigate opportunities, ask good questions about the products and solutions which are being built and to challenge the engineering team where appropriate