As a Senior Product Manager (with potential to be Director), you will be part of a small, highly focused team building the next-generation of consumer web and mobile apps focused on Africans. With a strong core team and investors, we’re looking for people who are passionate about building great products at a great company.
You will be working on a team where you can have a huge impact and everyone is a stakeholder in the company’s success.
This product management position is focused on growth. You will propose and implement initiatives that drive revenue and user retention. You will define and set product direction for growth through an understanding of customer needs combining it with quantitative data analysis. You will take ownership of key growth metrics and work closely with our design, engineering, marketing, and analytics folks to achieve company growth targets.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work rapidly on new concepts and ideas
- Create and maintain production timelines for multiple simultaneous apps
- Identify deficiencies and opportunities in current and future Product Roadmap
- Lead with well thought out new product idea introductions
- Manage internal and external resources and communication to ensure milestones are met on a day-to-day basis, communicating schedule and creative scope changes to ensure consistent team alignment
- Find efficiencies and tradeoffs in line with the overall company goals
- Own product lifecycle from prototype through development and scaling
- Collaborate with designers and the engineering team to bring products to life
- Define clear plans with timelines and resources that meet deliverable deadlines
- Help define, build and manage a system to gain feedback from users
- Help define, build and manage a system to promote hits and eliminate misses
- Interface with users, peers, vendors, and press to promote products
- Constantly study and understand the current market and competitive trends
- Quickly innovate, iterate, promote or pivot
- Track project progress and communicate status to stakeholders
Freedom and Flexibility are core to our values. We want you to be happy and we'll work together to keep you that way.
What You'll Get:
- N40k - N50k starting monthly salary
- 1% - 5% equity. Own part of the company with early employee equity position with stock options
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven, fast-paced, and funded startup
- Commuter benefits and occasional catered lunch days
- Quarterly 2-week vacation policy
- Team outings and happy hours
- Company off-sites and much more!
BS or BA with 2+ years of experience in building successful social/mobile or community products
MBA, deployed product in a shipped, well known mobile social app