FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process purchase requisitions by reviewing budget allocation for adequate authorizations.
- Review purchase request, check request and blanket/open orders for procurements.
- Solicit quotes and bid information from appropriate vendors.
- Coordinate the review and procurement response with the initial requestor.
- Resolve problems regarding production quality, accounting discrepancies, rejection of bids or received products.
- Serve as liaison between staff and vendor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc in relevant field with 3 - 5 years of relevant procurement experience.
- Or MSc. in relevant field with 1 - 3 years relevant procurement experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations (experience with USAID procurement a plus).
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of procurement standards and practices. Knowledge of FHI 360’s procurement policy and procedures. Knowledge of FHI 360’s current purchasing software. Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Relevant computer software skills including Microsoft office products.
- Typing and data entry skills.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis
- Ability to frequently interact with others handling problem situations with tact.