- We are looking for a resourceful Procurement Manager/Head Buyer who will ensure that that the company obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion and equally plays an integral role in ensuring that the company sticks to budgets and operates profitably.
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Choose and nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Researches new products and services to meet company's goals
- Assesses total costs of company purchases
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Oversees a team of purchasing agents (in large companies)
Demonstrable Skills and Qualifications
- B.Sc. in either Bus Admin or its equivalent.
- Professional course in the field of Retail will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in English
- Computer literacy
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Must be a good Negotiator
- Ability to be able to work out contract term with vendors / Suppliers
- Ability to Manage self and Team (Buyers)
- Training skills for purchasing team
- Must have self-confidence (leadership skills)
- Must have a good analytical skill
- Must have proficiency in Costing
- Must have a deeper Knowledge of Good and Quality products
- Must work with little or no supervision
- Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.