Our client is a leading road and residential construction company located in Lagos
- Facilitates prompt sourcing for materials, equipment, and spares at the optimal price
- Monitors local price of materials through application software, market survey and advice accordingly on restocking level.
- Facilitates the prompt establishment of LCs and Follow-up Correspondence with Exporters, Local /Correspondent Banks as well as relevant Statutory Agencies
- Facilitates effective and proper documentation of Import activities
- Communicates Imports Requirements and Amendments to Overseas Suppliers
- Ensures prompt rendition of statutory payments and returns in order to facilitate a hitch-free clearing
- Manage records of all stock and inventory.
- Conduct a market survey and analysis of material cost and prices.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate and negotiate with vendors for price and procurement.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability as required by the business.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Assist in recruitment of procurement staff and support in necessary training for them
- At least 7 years of work experience
- Procurement experience within a road/residential construction company
- A COREN certification is required