O.K. ISOKARIARI & SONS (NIGERIA) LIMITED is a leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction company with over 45 years of work experience. We are known for our pragmatic value delivery, which flows from our people centric approach, committed professionals and prudent management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (Other duties may be assigned).
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the procurement process.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and managerial competencies, including integrity, accountability, communication skills and commitment to teamwork and excellence in responsibilities such as selecting, mentoring, coaching, supervising, motivating and training procurement staff.
- Sets work objectives, directs, supervises and reviews staff and staff assignments.
- Provides high-level technical/administrative guidance on work requirements and methods.
- Manages and reviews documents for the procurement of all supplies, equipment and services for the Authority and ensures compliance the Procurement Policy and Procedures Manual, as well as applicable federal and state laws.
- Establishes bid standards and prepares procurement documents to publicly solicit bids and contracts for the purchase and /or lease of materials and services.
- Identifies suppliers that satisfy Company's contracting and purchasing requirements. Maintains positive vendor relations.
- Manages the preparation of solicitation documents and offers.
- Conducts (or Manages the process for) the evaluations of proposals, offers and and bids in accordance with internal policy and external local, state and federal regulations while selecting the best supplier in accordance with solicitation requirements.
- Assures suppliers deliver materials and services in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon.
- Assures all invoices are audited for compliance with contract terms and supervises contract closeout.
- Responsible for ensuring records are maintained and procurements are documented from origination through completion.
- Manage all supplier contracts and assist to administer best pricing strategies for all purchase materials and suppliers and analyze all new issue of materials and recommend strategies to improve quality and manage inventory levels for all products.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Basic computer skills and word processing.
- Good mathematical background.
- Experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and energetically approach tasks assigned.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment.
Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: The preferred candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree or HND in a related discipline with a minimum of 10years cognate experience. Membership of The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Management is mandatory.