Overview of the Role
Primary Teachers are responsible for providing clear directions to students and the general classroom management and standard operational procedure.
- To maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of the teaching of your subjects and take account of wider curriculum developments relevant to your work
- To plan lessons and activities to meet pupils individual learning needs
- To use a range of appropriate strategies and follow school policies for teaching, behaviour management and classroom management
- To act as a form teacher, exercising pastoral care and to do all that you can to ensure that you safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils in the school
- To assess, monitor and record the progress of pupils in your teaching and give them clear and constructive feedback through keeping appropriate and efficient records
- To report to parents and colleagues on progress and curriculum
- To take responsibility for your own professional development and use the outcomes to improve your teaching and your pupil’s learning
- To make an active contribution to the policies of the school and to adhere to these
- To attend and contribute to team planning meetings, full staff meetings and teaching and learning team meetings
- To maintain the resources relevant to your subjects
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and a recognized teaching certification.
Applicants should have at least 2 years’ work experience in teaching or education; experience in British curriculum is desirable.
Effective use of basic technology- computer, photocopier etc
Effective use of Microsoft Word, Excel and any other appropriate software.
Key Skills and Competencies
Reading, writing and numeracy skills
Good communication skills
Classroom management skills
Ability to build good relationships with adults and children
Excellent organizational skills
Passion and love for working with children and the ability to manage groups of pupils
Ability to manage difficult behaviour effectively
Flexibility and creativity
Remuneration package: Attractive and in line with international standards.