The African Talent Company seeks qualified candidates to fill this role for its client in the healthcare sector in Nigeria
The key responsibility of this role is to maintain a positive public profile for the organization. You will be responsible for planning events, communicating with the media and implementing internal/external promotional campaigns. You will also ensure that our Marketing team is prepared and continually enabled to support other departments in order to achieve quarterly and annual targets. The PR Executive will have in-depth knowledge and experience in engaging PR agencies, Media persons, planning, coordinating and execution of events.
Develop a comprehensive and effective PR plan, including the scope of activities and resources needed to realize quarterly and annual goal.
Build strong relationships and networks with journalists and relevant stakeholders in the media. Liaise on a daily basis with PR Agency and media persons.
Monitor traditional media channels such as newspapers, magazines, journals, blogs, TV and radio for opportunities for the organization.
Use the above-mentioned channels to maximize company exposure.
Arrange for interviews or public speaking events and Initiate and review press releases, news stories and features with PR Agency to targeted media channels.
Identify and manage events, sponsorships and partnerships including press conferences and promotional events.
Liaise with relevant business development, marketing, and other departments as necessary to ensure understanding of, and the smooth delivery of, the requirements for each event.
Source, appoint, liaise and manage venues, speakers, event vendors and suppliers
Control the costs for each event, regularly updating a running financial budget
Review, procure and monitor event exhibition materials as required.
Develop, implement, and manage an event participation strategy and plan that maximizes customer acquisition efficiency in the most cost-effective manner possible.
Work with the Human Resources team to develop and implement internal marketing campaigns
Generate market research information.
Other related duties as directed by the Head of Marketing.
Required Knowledge/ Skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, planning, time management and organization skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key people or organizations
- A creative mind partnered with the ability to find the best practical solution
- Well developed negotiation, project and account management skills
- Strong organizational, logical and problem-solving
- Collaborative evaluator with the ability to quickly gather the right information to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standard
- Have the personal attributes to interact confidently with sponsors, speakers and cross company teams at all different levels of seniority.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Go-To-Meeting Web Conferencing, Contact Management
- At least two years’ experience performing a similar function within the Banking, telecoms or Healthcare / Managed care sector.
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing or similar field
- Demonstrable experience in managing events successfully and meeting budget.
- A female candidate is preferred