Our client is a terminal operator with the mandate to provide integrated maritime and logistics solutions to both inbound and outbound traffic for the South South, South East and North Central markets of Nigeria. Investments in equipment and terminal capital development has led to improved port infrastructural development, port logistics and services in terms of berthing of vessels, cargo discharge, storage and delivery. The organization has gone through restructuring and is strategically positioned to become the premier terminal operator in Africa. We have been engaged to search for and identify exceptional talents to join the organization and help fulfill its vision.
Reference Number: EIN006
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides lead direction and instruction to security guards on duty
- Familiarization with the international regulations e.g. SOLAS, ISPS Code and MARPOL
- Proficient in Security data analysis.
- Oversee the Port Security plan in accordance with ISPS and BASC requirements.
- Advises the Security Manager on current issues affecting the security of the port facility.
- Check and review the DoS, VSP, SSP, and monitors and adjusts the FSP,
- Conducts routine patrols of the port, checking various security posts during the shift, ensuring guard is at post and assists with any problems that may come up during the shift.
- Advises violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying of prohibited articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts
- Assists in the investigation of incidents that involve theft, vandalism, misconduct, or related activities.
- Manages relations with local authorities on various issues at the terminal.
- Coordinates security related issues for visitors to the port facility
- Responds and assists with emergencies that occur on shift as appropriate.
- Provides crowd control during an emergency or other incident where this is required.
- Completes shift report at the end of each shift of duty
- Supervise deliverables on an ongoing operational basis to ensure that security standards are communicated & complied with by all terminal users.
Qualification and Experience
- Must be an indigene of Cross Rivers
- Good HND/University Degree
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years relevant work experience relevant HSEQ work experience
- Knowledge of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
- Working Knowledge of port and shipping industry is of critical advantage
- Key Competence
- Corporate Security
- Physical Security
- Risk Management
- Crisis Management and Investigation
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.