- Coordinates repair and maintenance for the company fleet
- Develop and monitor vessel maintenance program
- Determines method, length and cost of necessary vessel repairs
- Trains engineers with regards to vessel systems, repairs, regulatory compliance and company policy and procedures
- Prepares vessels for inspection as required by regulatory agencies
- Reviews materials and repair request
- Prepares recommendations for work, and initiates procurement of materials.
- Inspects machinery, equipment outlined in work request, draws up job specifications, and obtains quote from contractor.
- Maintains contact with contractors to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
- Investigates machinery failure to determine cause, and advises vessel’s officers in methods of operation to prevent recurrence of malfunction.
- Coordinate the timely maintenance schedules for all vessels in the fleet.
- Inspections are crucial to this process to verify accuracy of the repair requests and maintenance schedules. Draw up specifications to complete the job and then liaise with outside contractors and internal staff to complete the repairs or maintenance in a timely manner.
- Assist in making repairs and performing maintenance
- Serve as Dry Dock Supervisor in Dry Dock scope
- Establish Training programme for Engine Room staff
- Prepare fleet Dry Docking, (Materials/spare, required, budgeting)
- Ensure PMS implementation
- Interface with class society to maintain fleet Classification.
- BA in Marine Engineering or related field
- NIMASA Unlimited endorsement preferred
- ISM Internal Auditor
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience on board ships.
- Minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience in maritime operations
- Experience in Dry Docking works’ Supervision