- As a pharmacist, you will be responsible for preparing and administering appropriate pharmaceuticals to patients. You will achieve this either by executing a physician’s order or by addressing the patient’s problems and needs. The job entails a high level of responsibility and knowledge. A pharmacist does not merely hand out prescribed medicine; he/she has the expertise and willingness to assist people and provide them with information and solutions.
- Review and execute physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration
- Listen carefully to customers to interpret their needs and issues and offer information and advice
- Provide assistance with other medical services such as injections, blood pressure/ temperature measurements etc.
- Prepare medicine when appropriate using correct dosages and material for each individual patient
- Keep records of patient history and of all activities regarding heavy medication
- Keep abreast of advancements in medicine by attending conferences and seminars and collaborating with other healthcare professionals
- Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures
- 1-3 years Experience as a full-time pharmacist in a Community/Retail pharmacy
- Thorough understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands etc.
- Must demonstrate an extreme level of confidence and must be very smart
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent dress sense
- Must be an Extrovert and always able to take the initiative
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and Pharmacy information systems (eg. MediTech, Mediware etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with a customer oriented approach