Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO), is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Design and Development of Programmes:
- Share knowledge with others on how to improve people planning activities.
- Provide expertise on local labour market analysis, make contact with potential sources of skills and build resourcing partnerships.
- Work with business development team in designing effective resourcing plans for proposals.
- Build and maintain local networks and partnerships in support of VSO’s business pursuit of talent and funding
- Build and maintain an active talent pool of people (voluntary people resource ,employees and volunteers
- As an ambassador of VSO promote volunteering for development, VSO brand and our value proposition to attract future talent and funding to VSO
Operational Delivery of Programmes:
- Support programme and hiring managers in screening & short-listing of applicants and in preparing the job specific people first interview.
- Lead role in planning and facilitating interviews with Country Office panels and Participating in interview panels (as applicable)
- Lead responsibility for the relationship management of the candidates at country office level
- In collaboration with programmes support the host country reality discussions
- In collaboration with CPM and hiring manager finalise all employment terms and contracts
- In support of quality candidate management ensure recruitment plans are prepared and maintained for all people hires and individual responsibilities and time commitments of the hiring manager and CPM are understood
Learning and Evaluation of Programmes:
- Provide performance insight through provision of appropriate data
- Collaborate with colleagues to review business intelligence in support of Organisational learning and to assist in the design and development of quality programmes
- Accompany others to understand good practice on local recruitment and compliance with VSO global policy.
- Be a credible reference point for resourcing methodology in country.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Essential
- Demonstrable Experience of managing an end to end recruitment process across a country/region, managing and filling vacancies appropriately.
- Experience of working with recruitment systems and ability to produce progress reports on a regular basis.
- Relevant academic qualifications.
- Experience of volume recruitment.
- Experience of working with colleagues located dispersedly, able to build strong working relationships, gaining trust and mutual respect; being flexible, responding to perspectives and being assertive when appropriate.
- Experience of working with external recruitment suppliers and other people external to the organisation.
- Experience of cross-cultural working and an understanding of issues of diversity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Articulate, persuasive and concise.
- Customer focus mind-set, understanding and experience of importance of listening to, understanding and meeting the needs of customers.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft and Applicants Tracking Systems (APS)
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring work is correct and able to quality check work of others.
- Experience of working in a virtual team.
- Experience gained within a volunteering/Non-Governmental Organisation context.
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values
- Competitive salary and benefits