Adkan Group is one of the leading group of companies in Africa. The group has diversified into different sectors of the economy that is today, comprised of 8 businesses. This includes the Real Estate sector by operating Adkan Services Nigeria Ltd; Food Manufacturing with Royal Mills and Foods Ltd., Educational institution with Blooms Academy, Wood Works and Furniture with Paramount Wood Works Ltd, Painting and Coating with Zuma Paints Nigeria Ltd, Mortgage Banking with Infinity Trust Bank Plc; Packaging, Domestic products with Veritas Plastics, Ideal Cartons, Apex packaging, Medical with Mayfield Specialist Hospital, Security with Vintage Security and garment production with Regal Garments.
- Having Good understanding and knowledge of all garment production industry processes and best practices.
- Meeting with product designers to discuss the base design for make to order products.
- Reading and interpreting design models and blueprints.
- Creating rough-draft templates using computer drafting software and freehand techniques.
- Measuring, cutting, and designing patterns in the material required.
- Double-checking the pattern dimensions and style and Quality Control for the final product.
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of all policies related to operations including; procurement, distribution and asset management.
- Assist and perform other related duties as required.
- Office, Factory and Field as necessary
- 5 yrs. experience in a similar role or as deemed sufficient by the group
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and design models.
- Proficiency with computer drafting software including CAD is a must.
- Previous work experience in pattern making roles with CAD drafting is an asset.
- Previous work experience operating pattern-making machines is an asset.
- Experience with measuring, snipping, milling and cutting tools and machines
- Ability to work to a deadline.
- Must be a good communicator and must be able to interact regularly and comfortably across various departments -- from individual to the Management Team level to negotiate solutions that foster strong relationships and continued success of the project.
- Must be willing to relocate to Abuja
- Degree/Diploma holder in Textiles & Clothing / Production / Manufacturing Management or relevant discipline.
- At least 2 years solid garment manufacturing production and management experience in a supervisory role of a sizable garment manufacturing industry