Pastry Chef Job Description
At Fab Juice Bar we are committed to our mission of helping people-team members and members alike-to become the best version of themselves. We've changed the landscape of the juicing industry and pioneered the concept that healthy consumption can be accessible, affordable and a way of life for everyone. We're looking for committed and dedicated individuals to help grow our business so that we can share the promise of Fab Juice Bar with more people.
We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of healthy pastries, desserts or other healthy baked goods. Your skill in baking high-quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new and amazing healthy recipes.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for innovative, healthy and stunning creations. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible service.
The goal is to enhance customer satisfaction so that we can maintain and expand our clientele.
- Prepare a wide variety of healthy baked goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc and ability to adapt to modern nontraditional ingredients and recipes suitable for different lifestyles such as vegan, vegetarian, non-dairy & gluten-free lifestyles.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different toppings to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Create new and exciting healthy breakfast menu that will engage the interest of customers
- Willingness and the flexibility to learn new things.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten-free, sugarless, dairy-free, etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field is an advantage
- Good people skills
- Possess an understanding of food & beverage operations
- Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends on a rotational basis.
- Supervising and training staff members, when needed.
- Post-secondary training at a culinary institution.
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field.
- 2 or more years’ experience working within the food industry as a Pastry Chef, Baker, or a relevant role.
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desserts.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.
· Must be able to stand for long hours up to 8 hours a day
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; review, revise, create store paperwork; communicate with employees, customers, and management.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 13kg
· Ability to access and operate Company computer system including prepare documents, enter data into the computer system, read reports from a computer database or email system
Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays as needed to support the business.