SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operating and Process Control:
- Constantly reviewing process performance against target and recording shortstops.
- Where process performance does not meet the target, or trends or opportunities timeously. indicate the existence of problems, corrective action must be initiated.
- Recording waste and movement of product on the appropriate documentation or information systems, and reviewing waste trends to identify problems
- Carrying out the required quality checks as described in the quality control and analyses work practice.
- Responding rapidly to upstream or downstream triggers that could result in quality or production problems.
- Appropriate problem-solving approaches, as detailed in the problem-solving work practice must be followed.
- Performing housekeeping tasks, applying 5s principles and following safe work practices.
Maintenance of Plant and Equipment:
- Carrying out in-depth cleaning, lubrication and inspection of equipment according to the work instructions and in accordance with the Autonomous Maintenance schedule.
- Performing simple autonomous maintenance tasks (e.g. replacement of simple valves), in accordance with the maintenance schedule, and where required requesting the assistance of the Process Artisan.
- Identify a defective plant, and report these through to the Process Artisan or Team Leader for resolution.
Quality Control and Analysis:
- Carrying out the required quality checks and analyses, and recording the results on the appropriate information system.
- The list of quality checks to be executed is contained in the work instructions. Where quality problems have arisen, apply the 5Y's and quick fix routines to resolve.
- Actively participate in shift meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. making use of the gap list to record issues, problems and improvement opportunities.
- Fully understand the team goals and participate in team goal review sessions.
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues.
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated.
- Where problems occur, use 5Y's and quick fix routines to identify the possible origin and report these to the Process Artisan and or Team Leader for resolution.
- Provide information to teams carrying out problem-solving or FFA's as required.
- Identify sources of waste and report these to the Team Leader.
- OND/HND /B.Sc in Biological Sciences or related discipline
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications i.e. (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- 2 - 5 years experience in a brewing environment
- Previous experience in a process controlled manufacturing environment, ideally in food FMCG products.