The operations manager is a key part of the management team in Nigeria.
- She/he has as major tasks to manage the daily operations of the bean buying, cleaning and export operations in Nigeria. The supplier management and risk management of both the exposure on pre-financing and the cocoa pricing are key responsibilities.
- The operations manager will be managing the day-to-day activities of the company and will be responsible to oversee the proper implementation of the strategy defined by the management.
- What business objectives are you trying to meet with this role? What are the key accountabilities and deliverables of this position, and towards whom (either internal or external customers)? What will a successful hire have to accomplish? Max 6/8 bullets>
- Buy cocoa beans and reach the volume target set whilst ensuring a smooth logistical flow.
- Ensure a good quality control of the beans and reach the targets set at group level.
- Engage with major stakeholders such as cocoa suppliers to minimize risk on both pre-finance and pricing.
- Responsible for the cocoa once it enters the warehouse till it is exported (FOB). Quality, losses and logistical flow are key responsibilities.
- Manage a team of 4 to 5 people by planning their work and assigning clear responsibilities to each.
- Manage other stakeholders such as service providers for logistics or any other then cocoa.
- Control the business by following up on key performance indicators and improve their performance.
- Analyze the local cocoa market by tracking the activities of competitors and have a good vision of general activities in the sector.
Required Academic & Technical Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Science is a must, Masters degree is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the cocoa sector in Nigeria
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Managerial skills and strong coaching and training skills
- Knowledgeable in MS Office Suite
- Willing to travel up to 50%
- The operations manager will be key member of the local management and as such help define the strategy for the growth of the company. Being a new company, the operations manager will have a key position in developing and scaling up the business and take decisions jointly with the managing director
- Top-notch business Acumen: Ability to Analyse a market and see opportunities