The Operations Manager will be responsible for all Warehouse operations. The role requires an agro-passionate, entrepreneurial, reliable, trustworthy, conscientious, self-motivated professional who is always prepared to be a “hands on” practical Agro Operations manager.
He/She will be managing a combined team of Warehouse Supervisor and other team members joining the team and working with external stakeholders. External stakeholders will include Farm Managers, Farmers, Out growers/off takers, Insurance, government and buyers of commodity produce.
Location: Lagos and Gaate farm (Nasarrawa)
Ideal candidates for this role will have:
- Very Passionate, Hardworking and Entrepreneurial
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in agriculture produce warehousing.
- Must have experience trading agriculture produce (buying from farmers and selling to buyers e.g. Unilever, Amo byn, Nestle or others).
- Must be able to provide evidence on a previous farm/ warehouse storage project/research work in agriculture with reference from the farm management about a successful out-come on such farms
- Must have knowledge and practical experience of Warehousing and Storage and attracting buyers to warehouse.
- Must have expertise knowledge of all or some of the following crops; Maize, Soyabeans, sorghum, Rice and grains common in Northern Nigeria peculiar/common to the region.
- Willingness to Travel
- Language proficiency (English & Hausa)
- Must demonstrate ownership of an Agric Support Network
- Must belong to a Professional Body (Group) that is related/affiliated to Agriculture
- Must have access and connections to
- Federal (State) Ministries and or Parastatals which are responsible for Agriculture (Products, Equipment, advisory and otherwise).
- To an Agriculture group or network of agricultural practitioners.
- And personal relationships with buyers of Agricultural commodities like grains.
- Institutions that will facilitate business operations e.g. Insurance.