As a dbrown Office 365 Trainer, you will be required to design, deliver and manage training projects covering Office 365 Essentials (365), Data Prep & Recon (DP&R) and Data Analysis & Reporting (DA&R). You will need to be a subject matter expert in Office 365 and have instructional design and facilitation experience.
You will facilitate classroom and online based courses for our clients following a detailed methodology based on an instructor guide and our Analyst Competency Model which you will help develop and update. As a subject matter expert and thought leader, you will also be required to generate valuable content (text, video, webinars, audio, blog posts, job aids etc.) to be hosted on our digital platforms for the benefit of clients and prospects.
Scope & Accountability:
The Trainer is responsible for facilitating all the courses under these 3 subject categories of the “dbrown Analyst Competency Framework”:
Office 365 Essentials (365)
Data Prep & Recon (DP&R)
Data Analysis & Reporting (DA&R).
Courses under the three subject categories above may change over time. The Courses under the Office 365 Essentials category will mimic the applications provided by Microsoft, they will include courses covering: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Drive, Teams, Skype, OneNote, Outlook, Windows 10 and SharePoint Online.
You are required to create and update course materials (participant guide, slides, instructor guide, quizzes and exercises) and develop simulated demos for each course using Adobe Captivate.
Your tasks will include Instructional design responsibilities including: drafting learning objectives, carrying out needs analysis, designing and developing new courses based on in-house/client requests using a combination of media including classroom or e-learning.
You will be the firms’ in-house subject matter expert on office 365 and generate valuable content on a regular basis to be posted on our websites and digital platforms. Content to be developed will include e-books, blog posts, articles and videos. You will also be required to work with the webinar team to generate engaging topics, content and act as host and/or technical support on our monthly scheduled Excel & Power BI Webinars.
You will be required to respond to technical questions on our e-learning platform (our public online courses) as it relates to office 365 topics, especially questions related to Excel, Word and Power Point.
As part of your contribution to the organization’s planning and strategy, you will be expected to update management on new developments, updates and improvements to Office 365 Applications and the need to update our materials. You may get this information from online sources, attending courses and seminars organized by the firm, Microsoft, LinkedIn online and other sources.
- Delivery & Facilitation
- Performing a training needs analysis on client staff as part of our course deployment process.
- Develop training programs based on the training needs outputs.
- Develop appropriate mix of formal and informal training and development activities based on learner’s need, learning styles and the training media platforms and methods available.
- Plan and schedule training engagements in collaboration with the training lead and assigned training coordinators.
- Deliver effective training to participants using our training methodologies, direct response cards for quizzes, exercises, group activities, online pre-work and other methods as documenting in facilitator guide.
- Deliver training using Accelerated Learning Methodologies, the Accelerated Learning Cycle and the seven pillars of accelerated learning.
- Respond to technical questions on our e-learning platform (our public online courses) as it relates to office 365 topics.
- Prepare the learning resources including setting up IT equipment, quizzes, participant guides, gallery walk and laminates.
- You must be able to assume the role of a training coordinator where applicable.
- You will be required to deliver skill based courses in the following Office 365 applications.
- Office 365 applications
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- OneDrive Teams
- Windows 10
- SharePoint Online
- Captivate for Training Material production
Develop content for courses based on your course design work and information provided by other team members and clients to create the best coursework possible.
Develop facilitator guide for all courses giving clear instructions on the expected delivery of courses.
Develop participant guide for all courses.
Develop e-learning storyboards to be used by e-learning producer in the production of e-learning courses (media used in e-learning courses include: video, audio, text, animation, multimedia, quizzes, surveys, forums and more).
Manage and update the competencies for all courses listed under these 3 subjects of our dbrown Analyst Competency Framework:
Office 365 Essentials (365);
Data Prep & Recon (DP&R); and
Data Analysis & Reporting (DA&R).
Develop the course material/e-learning modules and other documents such as hand-outs, video guides, manuals/how-to guides, job aids, laminates, quizzes, tests, and tips and tricks.
Use Adobe Captivate to create automated demos of each course.
Strategy & Reporting
Evaluate the effectiveness of the training programs and make suggestions for improvements.
Recommend changes to existing courses, including technology or instructional methods, to better adhere to delivery options for the course.
Work with Training Coordinators to produce standardized training reports.
Ability to gauge the effectiveness of our courses over time by looking at participants’ performance analytics.
Host webinars and knowledge sharing campaigns to widen awareness of Office 365 and increase our prospects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or HND Degree in any field
- 2 years of training facilitation experience
- Microsoft Certified Trainer in Office 365
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365 Applications
- Experience with project management methodologies.
- Required Skills
- Technical Skills: The Trainer must have a comprehensive knowledge of Excel, Data visualization, Power BI Valuation and their on-the-job application in major industries.
- Instructional Design Skills: The Trainer must have a working knowledge of the ADDIE instructional design model and the entire development process required to complete a project.
- Communication Skills: The Trainer is the main interface between our client’s participants, the client, Training, Marketing & Sales leads. This entails the ability to effectively communicate with team members.
- Team Work Skills: As a trainer, your position involves multiple teams, (e-learning production team, course development team, webinar team etc.). There is therefore a need to work seamlessly together to achieve targets and optimize service.
- IT skills: keeping up to date with IT systems in the workplace while having an understanding of emerging technologies.
- Presentation skills: The ability to effectively present ideas and results to different stakeholders across the business including staff and senior management.
- Project management skills: The need to be good at handling time-sensitive projects and working to deadlines.
- Behavioural Competencies
- Initiative taking: The ability to take the lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion.