PAS Beginners Academy seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- To take responsibility for the welfare and safety of all the children in our nursery.
- To promote positive behaviour from children and to assist in establishing good standards of behaviour throughout the nursery.
- To work closely with other members of staff to establish the highest standards of achievement, within a learning environment which reflects current excellent practice for very young children.
- To be an effective nursery teacher, planning and implementing appropriate learning experiences within a stimulating learning environment.
- To promote equal opportunities for all.
- To be sensitive towards children’s individual learning needs and make appropriate educational provision for children with SEN.
- To plan, organise and resource a classroom environment which will facilitate children’s autonomous, independent learning and enable children to maximise their full potential.
- To establish and maintain good partnerships with colleagues, parents and carers,outside agencies and children including good home-school links.
- To monitor children’s progress, keep meaningful records and evaluate performance through formative assessments in line with school policy.
- To communicate and consult with parents and carers and with outside agencies, as necessary about children’s progress and attainment.
- To be responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate resources and
- equipment, preparing the classroom indoors and outdoors and ensuring that it is safe, clean and tidy at the start and end of each session.
- To maintain a high standard of display both in the classroom and other areas of the nursery.
- To manage and work collaboratively with Learning Support Assistants.
- To contribute to effective team practice by attending and participating in staff meetings and in-service training.
- To attend and support school and community / PTA events.
- To provide full written reports to inform parents of children’s progress and targets.
- To ensure that the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all
- activities, both inside and outside the school.
- To maintain high levels of confidentiality both in and out of school.
- To be a positive role model to others, by undertaking all tasks with a positive and
- supportive attitude and to contribute to a positive ethos for learning.
- To promote our rainbow promise and the distinctive Christian Ethos of our school.
Qualification: Graduate with Early Years Foundation experience