The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
- Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients according to ALIMA protocols, universal hygienic standards and other procedures, in order to ensure a good delivery of care.
- Implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards, security rules and other protocols and procedures regarding nursing and children nutrition matters.
- Ensure proper functioning of the Therapeutic Program. This includes:
- Daily collect the number of new admissions and exits and to check the attendance
- Calculate the quantity of food needed for the day based on the number of children registered
- Ensure triage of patients in waiting areas, detecting the priority acute cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor if necessary.
- Carry-out all patient’s related tasks for the admission, weighing and measuring the children, identifying the degree and types of malnutrition, administration (patient card, register) etc.
- Ensure that medical and nutritional care is properly delivered to the patients and to daily follow the evolution of the patients.
- Carry-out consultations to children and their parents, undertaking a complete clinical examination of children, looking for associated pathologies, drawing up nutritional surveillance forms and milk cards, providing required vaccination, etc.
- Carry-out surveillance and follow-up of patients’ medical and nutritional evolution, identifying possible emergency situations arising and keeping doctors informed if necessary.
- Provide advice and inform children’s families about everything concerning the hospitalization, participate in the health education of the mothers and/or treatment process.
- Control all pharmacy, food, and medical equipment (carrying out inventories, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing a follow-up of expired drugs, etc.).
- Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patients files, forms, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases arising.
- Education: Nursing Diploma with nutritional training essential.
- Experience: Previous experience required. Experience with NGO desirable.
- Languages: English language essential. Local language desirable.
- Knowledge: Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Skills: Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service
- Working conditions: Contract
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's, qualifications and a Cover Letter with contact details to ALIMA’ Office in Askira-Uba (Uba).
- Applications can be submitted in person or by email.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the above-mentioned closing date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.