- The Numbers Specialist (NS) is handles finance operations and supports in business operations.
- In finance operations, the NS is responsible for providing financial information to Aspilos Foundation by researching and analyzing accounting data, managing financial information and preparing financial reports.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing and documenting account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Compile and summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing a balance sheet, profit and loss statement, budgets, business plans, commentaries, financial statements, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies and insolvency cases by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Administer payroll in liaison with the People team
- Control income and expenditure and prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Maintain accounting controls by researching, preparing, recommending and interpreting accounting policies, procedures and regulations.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising Aspilos management on needed actions.
- Maintain Aspilos’ confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Analyze financial forecasting and risk analysis.
- Design and administer benefits and compensation and interface with benefits broker regularly on benefit-related issues
- Prepare budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and suggest corrective actions.
- Support the Operations team in reviewing & approving supply requisitions, and managing vendors
- Collect and analyze the business data from various departments to prepare reports and presentations for management.
- OND in any field.
- Relevant work experience
- We value the different and unique perspectives that everyone brings our team, we are not trying to clone ourselves over and over. You must, however, be empathetic, loyal, curious, open to learning and happy to contribute to the growth of the team. You must be a self-motivated person who is patient and loves solving problems.
- We are not necessarily looking for people who are already experts in the roles needed, we do not mind teaching you and helping you become an expert on the job so do not let your skill level discourage you from applying. Read our playbook to find out more about what we are like. If what you read in there resonates with you, then you should apply.
The ideal person must
- Be strong with numbers and pay attention to details
- Be ready to continuously learn
- Be good with research
- Be able to work remotely and independently
- Must be tech savvy.