- Responsible for managing and coordinating the NOC
team. The main aim of this coordination is to ensure that the networking
system runs efficiently without interruption.
- Primarily deals with users, customers, vendors, engineers, and the whole technical team.
- Ensures that the systems and technology used are constantly upgraded to remain relevant.
- Constantly update his / her knowledge as the success of a NOC manager depends on his / her knowledge of the industry and the level of experience in the field.
- The NOC manager must keep upper management informed about what is happening in the organization concerning networking.
- Come up with innovative solutions to various networking problems and ensures that customer needs are properly defined and satisfactorily met. Implements and evaluates the working of networking systems and stays abreast of new technologies emerging in the industry.
- NOC Manager oversees the work of junior employees to ensure that system requirements have been properly implemented and procedures carefully followed.
- Responsible for informing Management, partners and peers about network performance and service availability.
- Coordinates the duty shift table for the NOC operations and carefully allocates staff members (NOC technicians and NOC engineers) on different shift duties for ensuring the whole NOC shift works in an efficient and effective manner.
- Pursue any other related activities as directed by superiors
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Experience in Broadband and internet SERVICE monitory
- Basic of NOC operations and Network Support
- B.Sc/HND/OND in Electrical or Computer science.
- Minimum of 5-year experience
- Experience with monitory tools like the IP Service PRTG, Microwave radio Ubiquity UNMS and other monitory platforms.