As Nigeria General Manager you will be instrumental in helping us scale our rapidly expanding
Fintech business. Reporting directly to the Group CEO, you will oversee our ongoing operations, build out new opportunities for the company, and maintain close relationships with our stakeholders including local regulators.
Working in partnership with the international executive team, you will lead the local team and contribute to strategic planning for the business. With a focus on efficiency and transparency,
you will establish and follow operational processes that drive performance and promote company culture.
You will have the benefits of working in a modern startup environment with the opportunity to make a big impact, while being supported by the resources and networks of our established strategic partners and investors.
- Commercial and Business Development
- Identify and evaluate new commercial opportunities, develop growth strategies, business models and go to market plans in collaboration with the international leadership team
- Manage overall financial performance of local operations by analysing and controlling financial reports, creating and administering budgets, and monitoring and optimising costs.
- Take the lead in developing the overall strategy for the local business development function to extend our ecosystem in the merchants, agents and other financial services areas.
- Manage a team to drive the growth and commercial success of our agent network
- Manage a team to establish and maintain key strategic partnerships and technical integrations with banks, telcos, merchants, third party service providers and distribution partners.
- Oversee the end-to-end sales and integration pipelines, prioritise, negotiate and close deals and coordinate internal stakeholders to ensure timely roll-out of new features and initiatives. Track and report on progress.
- Cultivate our relationships with regulating bodies such as CBN, NIBBS, NCC and NOTAP. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory trends, guidance and rules applicable to PalmPay.
- Strategic and Leadership
- Build out and manage our local organisation, working in partnership with central functional leaders to manage local operations and employees in a matrix structure.
- Bring a perspective informed by a deep understanding of the domestic market
- environment into strategic decision making for the business
- Proactively create and pitch proposals for features and initiatives that can drive company goals and operational improvements, develop buy-in from the international executive team, collaboratively develop product specs and go to market plans and oversee launch and execution
- Communicate the company strategy and vision to the local team, ensuring that individual employees understand and buy into the company’s goals and objectives and recognise
- how their specific responsibilities relate to the broader picture
- Operations Management
- Lead the implementation of company strategies in the Nigerian market, taking ownership
- of the development and execution of roll-out plans and initiatives with a strong focus on aligning and coordinating stakeholders
- Build a company culture that creates high levels of employee engagement and
- encourages team members to act in PalmPay’s best interests in pursuit of ambitious common goals
- Work closely with colleagues to develop, document, implement and improve policies, processes and best practices to maximise operational efficiency
- Drive cross-functional initiatives and develop our customer support function to continually improve our customer experience
- Supervise, coach and motivate the local team on a day to day basis, including establishing workflows and processes, holding regular team and one-on-one meetings and performance reviews.
- Work with our HR function to recruit and develop world-class talent.
- Monitor key results and produce dashboards and reports for the executive team.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- 8-10 years relevant experience, MBA or equivalent experience in a leadership role Experience recruiting, managing, coaching and coordinating high performing teams across functions
- Strong understanding of the Nigerian market, digital and finance spaces
- Experience with regulatory engagement, existing relationships at the CBN a plus Thrives in fast-paced environments and can work effectively with a multicultural team across countries and departments
- Proven ability to influence activity at a senior level, negotiate and close deals.
- Sound business judgment, data-driven decision making approach and strong excel skills.
- Highly entrepreneurial, results-driven and action oriented. Comfortable with ambiguity, taking initiative and has a natural inclination to drive projects to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills