Saroafrica is the proud holding company to three Subsidiaries: Saro Agro-allied, Saro AgroSciences & Saro Lifecare as such, Our business operations are in the Agro and Consumer-Based Industries.
- Understand trends and direction of both global and local economies.
- Sniff opportunities even not apparent to others.
- Envision new business direction for the group.
- Pursue and drive the vision.
- Coordinate resources for any specific project.
- Business Research and Environmental Scanning
- Come up with strategy Frontier opportunities across geographies of operations for consideration.
- Coordinate research, analysis, proposal and business planning of any potential interest.
- Validate data and assumptions for investment decisions.
- Conduct specific investment protocol activities in any geography of interest.
- Validate any local information and do deep dive into practical market situation in any potential geography.
- Visit and analyse any geography of interest.
- Develop new business plans.
- Coordinate the commercialization and transfer to SBU.
- External Relationship Management
- Represent the GED and Executive Office in professional functions.
- Keep track of developments with all our business operations relations and changes in the environment.
- Midwife and manage specific JV developmental relationship.
- Draft and review performance KPIs of any Relationship.
- Network and bring new business relationships.
- Attend and represent the company in Trade and Industry Professional organization meetings.
- Leadership and Stakeholders Relationship Management
- Develop effective relationship with internal/external stakeholders.
- Communicate the Organisation’s vision, goals and objectives and ensure alignment of the goals and activities.
- Ensures key stakeholders have a complete understanding of business strategy and initiatives.
- Network within group for effective relationship.
- Prepare and manage project budget prudently.
- Continuously explore new ways of doing things to drive efficiency.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Executive Management.
- Minimum of a second Class upper in a quantitative field, such as engineering, finance, mathematics, economics, research, business or other related discipline from a reputable university.
- Must have an MBA degree
- Minimum of 5 years Relevant Experience in Strategy and New Business Development
- Experience in FMCG will be an added advantage.
- Age: 30 - 37
- Initiative and responsiveness
- Analytical thinking
- Administrative ability
- Managerial ability
- Results orientation
- Relationship building
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationship ability.
- Understanding of macroeconomic issues and organisation’s core mandates.
- Well-travelled with international exposure.
- Ability to identify control techniques that respond to organisational, supervisory, and business process risks.
- Demonstration of knowledge in anticipating, identifying organisational problems and tailoring different problem solving approaches to resolve them.
- Demonstration of knowledge in resource utilization.
- Application of tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge in strategic management and planning.
- Project management experience.